19 Sep What Are Pick Drills And Check Out Our Upcoming Rower Workshop
Rowing has become a very popular class in our weekly schedule. In our classes, we emphasize technique and form. Pick drills are used to help everyone start off on the right foot.
But what are pick drills?
Pick drills are the breakdown of the rower stroke. They are used at the beginning of a training session for a warm up and also to drill in technique and proper stroke mechanics. This is where your brain intentionally trains your body’s muscle memory to perform the stroke properly. As Coach Gail says, “If you can’t do it when you’re thinking about it, you won’t do it in your regular rowing.”
We start every class with pick drills and Steve starts every session with them, focusing on form to build proper technique.
Pick drills are usually done for a set number of reps or time. Try these next time you are on the rower. Complete 1 minute of each:
|LEGS AND BACK|
|ARMS AND BACK|
Join us for the Rower Technique Workshop on October 13th!
Here are the details for the workshop:
- Each participant will be videotaped and then receive a detailed analysis of their rowing technique along with a worksheet of things that need improvement and specific drills to help.
- While each rower is being taped, the rest of the rowers will be doing a group workout. Rowers will be pulled out for taping.
- The workshop will begin at 12 pm and run for approximately 2 hours dependent on participants.
Latest posts by Jesus Acuña (see all)
- 3 Exercises to Loosen Up Tight Hips… - September 27, 2018
- Come to ONE of Our FREE Tucson Strength Intros! - September 26, 2018
- What Are Pick Drills And Check Out Our Upcoming Rower Workshop - September 19, 2018